WELCOME to the Lamar Viking 7 on 7 web site! The site is designed with players, families and fans of the program in mind. To that end we will post tournament information, maps and other information at least the week prior to a tournament. Practice and State Qualifying Tournament schedules are now posted on the Schedules and PDF link above. Note these do change occasionally (weather) so check back! Head Coach Jim Poynter is back for his 20th season leading the Viking 7 on 7 program. He will post weekly blog’s during the season giving an “insiders” view of how the team is performing and what to expect as the season progresses. The Vikings hold the distinction as the ONLY team in the state of Texas to qualify all 23 years for the Texas State 7 on 7 championship tournament. Information on the team’s history is under the “History” tab above.
The 2022 Edition of the Lamar Viking 7 on 7 Team will have the opportunity to “turn the page” to a state best 24 straight years of qualifying for the State 7 on 7 Championship with all 24 qualifications occurring “on the road”. None of the players on this years team were born when the streak began in 1998! Please come out and cheer the Vikes in their quest for 24 in a row!
IN CASE OF LAST MINUTE WEATHER RELATED SCHEDULE CHANGES CHECK OUR TWITTER ACCOUNT @lamar7on7
LAMAR VIKINGS 7 ON 7 FACTS:
▪ ONLY TEAM IN TEXAS TO QUALIFY ALL 23 YEARS OF THE STATE TOURNAMENT
▪ QUALIFIED AT “AWAY” TOURNAMENTS ALL 23 YEARS
▪ ADVANCE TO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET PLAY 19 OF 23 YEARS
▪ 4 TIME STATE SEMI-FINALIST (1998, 2003, 2007, 2008)
▪ 2 TIME STATE QUARTER-FINALIST (2009, 2010)
▪ 2 TIME MAX EMFINGER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER (2003, 2005)
▪ 2 TIME TOP 10 FINISHER IN NATIONAL SELECT 7 ON 7 CHAMPIONSHIP, HOOVER, AL (2007, 2008)
▪ LAMAR VIKING ALL STATE 7 ON 7 TEAM SELECTIONS
2003 Adam Hill
2006 Housen Maxwell
2007 Shawn Harrison
2008 David Acker, Jake Bennett
2009 Tracy Smith, Tyler Wilson
2010 Tracy Smith
On behalf of the 7 on7 coaches (who are all volunteers)…
Welcome to Lamar 7 on 7!